Introduce Ourselves?

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

nofuneral

Re: Introduce Ourselves?

Post by nofuneral »

Hey, my name is Kirby and I've been a fan since I saw Army of Darkness in '93. It wasn't untill about 2000 when someone pointed out it was the sequel to Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 (c'mon, those were the days before the internet). Ever since then I've been a diehard fan, probably not as diehard as a lot of you guys, but very diehard compared to anyone else I know. I collect every figure I can. Speaking of which, if you have any of the smalll lead figures for the Leading Edge board game that you want to unload, pm me. Anyways, a few years ago I got an Evil Dead tattoo in the center of my back. It's sized to fit the whole poster, with the chainsaw up at my shoulders, but I'm never gonna do it.
I was in a band (No Funeral) and our best song was Dead by Dawn. If you want to hear it pm me your email. I'll warn you, it amateur.
Then this summer I finally got married . How cool is this? I got an advertisement from my comic shop for Fan Expo in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with special guest star Bruce Campbell. I thought "How the hell am I gonna convince her to go there for our honeymoon?"(she couldn't give a rat's ass about ED/AoD). Well, I left the ad out and she spotted it, and I quote "Bruce Campbell is gonna be here? There's no way you can miss this. We have to go there for our honeymoon." That's true love right there!
Anyways, I just found this website a few days ago, and i've been studying it like crazy for a couple of days. This is definatly the place for hardcore fans. Finally I don't feel like I've been waisting my life!! Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Kirby, thanks for your help on the collectables page. Nice tattoo, although tattoos in general never struck me personally as a good idea.

Nice saw too, what did Bruce make of it? It's a shame that the opportunity to meet Bruce with one of my EvilDeadChainsaws.com saws never came up. I'm sure he would have thought something along the lines of "uh-oh... here's another fruitcake..."
nofuneral

Post by nofuneral »

Bruce said, and I quote, "I've been to thousands of these things (conventions) and I've seen hundreds of chainsaws, and this one ranks up there." I would've got one of your cabin saws, but I discovered evildeadchainsaws right after you shut down. Maybe you remember, I was offering you more money and made a joke about moving over there and you training me to make them? Anyways, I tried to make mine as good as yours, and I think it's pretty impressive for an amateur. I'm definatly no artist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Of all the saws I've seen, that's got to be one of the best, and I'm not just saying that! If you can possibly take me a side on shot (as per most of the existing photos) I can get that saw up on the Collectables page for the next update?
AshleyJWilliams

Post by AshleyJWilliams »

Hi there my name is Ash and Im brand new here. But Im not new to the Evil Dead Trilogy or Bruce Campbell...

Im a wanna be script writer and I have started my own script for an Army of Darkness script, and I hope to meet allot of new friends here.

Sincerly...

Ashley J Williams
Nathan_s82

Post by Nathan_s82 »

Hi, my name is Nate, and have been a long time Trilogy and Bruce Campbell fan. My favorite Evil Dead Versions is the Herald Laserdisc Version (which I actually own).
simonthekillerewok

Post by simonthekillerewok »

Hey my name is John but I used to be known as simonthekillerewok (or something similar) on the deadites.net & f13community forums. I also knew Rob of evildeadchainsaws and worked on a fan film with him once called Jason's Blood.

i took a break from horror forums the past few years but am meaning to get back in touch with evil dead fans and other horror fans as well as get heavily back into filmmaking.
SlayerofLight88

Post by SlayerofLight88 »

Hey everybody I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lawrence and I Love this trilogy. These movies have been in my life since I was 8 years old and are and will forever be my favorite movies of all time. I have made myself an Ash costume which I wear to local horror and comic conventions. I hope to get to know a lot of you and get the chance to nerd out about my favorite trilogy.
jgreenlawjr

Post by jgreenlawjr »

Hey everyone!

I am new here. LOVE the site. The information here is priceless! I first saw Evil Dead on VHS when I was 12 and have been in love with the franchise ever since. I am super stoked for the remake.

My Evil Dead Collection:
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (Blood Red Laserdisc)
Evil Dead (Anchor Bay 2 Disc Blu-ray+DVD)
Evil Dead (UK Steelbook Blu-ray)
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (Lionsgate 25th Anniversary Blu-ray)
Army of Darkness (Screwhead Edition Blu-ray)
Kweethul

Post by Kweethul »

Hi everyone,

My name is Quinton and my introduction to Evil Dead was coincidentally identical to the post above, 12 years old and VHS.

I currently live on a small Island off of the south coast of Australia, so I have to get all my stuff via snail mail which sucks.

I've mainly signed up so I can contribute some A.O.D. comic material, I have all 107 issues, and of the 206 additional variant covers I have 169 that I'm willing to scan if you want them. I'm still getting more variants (I'm waiting on 15 to arrive in the mail) and would scan them as well.

I also have 2 Australian trilogy box sets that aren't listed that I'll supply photo's and info for.

I regularly trawl ebay and have also come across a few more things that could be added to the collectables page.

To put it basically, I'm here to help, so let me know what you'd like...