Evil Dead 1 & 2 Tape Recorder

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Evil Dead 1 & 2 Tape Recorder

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

This item is for sale, Email me if your interested, my address is on my profile page.

I'd want £45 (UK Pounds) + shipping

Delivery would be quite steep as it's 12kg packed, £14.69 Royal Mail Standard Parcels within the UK. I could ship it overseas but the shipping costs would be astronomical (£85 for parcelforce international economy to the USA, what a total rip-off!)
nofuneral

Re: Evil Dead 1 & 2 Tape Recorder

Post by nofuneral »

Hey, I've got one of these but I don't have tape for it. so 2 questions. What do you call tape for a reel to reel? Is is just reel to reel tape? And second, what thickness of tape does this recorder take? Is it 1/4", 1" ? Thanks.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: Evil Dead 1 & 2 Tape Recorder

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

The tapes are just called reel to reel tapes, and you'd buy them either by size (if you wanted a blank one) or by what's on it (for a pre-recorded one).

Reel to reel tapes of this type come in three standard sizes (diameter) of reel; 1-7/8" (4.5cm), 3-3/4" (9.5cm) and 7-1/2" (19cm), and the bigger the reel, the more tape you can fit on it (which means you can make a longer recording). The magnetic tape itself is 1/4" (6mm) wide

The reels as seen in The Evil Dead were one 3-3/4" and one 7-1/2". In Evil Dead II they were just two 7-1/2" reels.