The Evil Dead (2013)

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Kloga

The Evil Dead (2013)

Post by Kloga »

Why ther's no thread for it? Is it a fanon discontiniuty? :|
Anyway, Raimi's onboard, Campbell's onboard and trailer is just awesome and filled with fanservice (boomstick! chainsaw! cutting the hand! OLDSMOBILE!!!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBXUyuv4Q0
darkmast3r

Re: The Evil Dead (2013)

Post by darkmast3r »

I think people have mixed thoughts about the remake Kloga. I myself think it will never be what the original is, but that maybe due to watching the original version at the age of 13 and the thrill it gave me back then (I'm 39 now!).

Also people have been swamped with remakes of classic horrors, Texas chainsaw massacre, Friday the 13th, hills have eyes, my bloody valentine (which was a good remake imo but 3d helped it along).

I am looking forward to it but..... From the trailer it does seem like a gore fest. If it has the tention of the original then it should be a good movie.

Tbh I wish I could have seen Evil dead 4 being made before a remake, but thats just my opinion.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

darkmast3r wrote:I think people have mixed thoughts about the remake Kloga. I myself think it will never be what the original is, but that maybe due to watching the original version at the age of 13 and the thrill it gave me back then (I'm 39 now!).
Also people have been swamped with remakes of classic horrors, Texas chainsaw massacre, Friday the 13th, hills have eyes, my bloody valentine (which was a good remake imo but 3d helped it along).
In my opinion it will be a mixed sequel-reamke of some kind. Have you noticed that boomstick's already sawn and Oldsmobile is abandoned.
I'm sure It will do better then previous remakes - Raimi has more direct involvement in that thing compared to what original directors usually have, as well as Bruce Campbell... 8-)
And, by the way, i think that remakes of The Hitcher, Friday The 13th and Hills Have Eyes are not a bad things either. Far from original but at least better and more faithful then Texas Chainsaw Massacre (prequel strangley better) and A Nightmare on Elm Street remakes. Prom Night remake was not as bad as people always say about it, but it's not a remake at all, in name of case... Just a thoughts.
darkmast3r wrote:I am looking forward to it but..... From the trailer it does seem like a gore fest. If it has the tention of the original then it should be a good movie.
So was the original film back it's days. Just standarts changed a little bit. ;)
darkmast3r wrote:Tbh I wish I could have seen Evil dead 4 being made before a remake, but thats just my opinion.
I still hope (for the reasons given upper) that this film is, at least somewhat Evil Dead 4. :)
Elise41

Post by Elise41 »

I do not care for it and I will not see it.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

Elise41 wrote:I do not care for it and I will not see it.
It's interesting why you'll not. Because for me The Evil Dead means, among other things a great co-operation of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, and, as project contains bothe of them in a large scales, I think it will be a good thing...
Elise41

Post by Elise41 »

If you read Rob's post on the front page/news section of the website, that is pretty much what you need to know.

Bruce and Sam's involvement is actually partly why I won't see it either, because both of them are liars and went completely against their words. At conventions Bruce would slam all remakes. Sam in many interviews highly expressed his regret for the tree rape scene. Now he wants it back in and not only that, it has to be worse than the original. I find that to be very hypocritical.

Also the fact that the main actress almost lost some hearing and suffered to a great extent that was dangerous might I add thanks to a highly severe ear infection does not make me happy. NOBODY can tell me that couldn't have been avoided. That was nothing more than something that happened out of neglect on a PROFESSIONAL production. I want to highlight professional here.

I refuse to support this movie with my money.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

Elise41 wrote:If you read Rob's post on the front page/news section of the website, that is pretty much what you need to know.
Bruce and Sam's involvement is actually partly why I won't see it either, because both of them are liars and went completely against their words. At conventions Bruce would slam all remakes. Sam in many interviews highly expressed his regret for the tree rape scene. Now he wants it back in and not only that, it has to be worse than the original. I find that to be very hypocritical.
Also the fact that the main actress almost lost some hearing and suffered to a great extent that was dangerous might I add thanks to a highly severe ear infection does not make me happy. NOBODY can tell me that couldn't have been avoided. That was nothing more than something that happened out of neglect on a PROFESSIONAL production. I want to highlight professional here.
I refuse to support this movie with my money.
I understand yout opinion, but any normal movie production id dangerous to some extent. To defend Alvarez I must admit - it looks really professional, considering he was near to nobody before the film. I'm glad that Sam Raimi continues to give chances to young filmmakers, like he was long time ago.
And I really hope for the sequel of reamke, sequel for Army and the Seventh film to unite all of these.