Introduce Ourselves?

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: Introduce Ourselves?

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Kweethul wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Quinton and my introduction to Evil Dead was coincidentally identical to the post above, 12 years old and VHS.

I currently live on a small Island off of the south coast of Australia, so I have to get all my stuff via snail mail which sucks.

I've mainly signed up so I can contribute some A.O.D. comic material, I have all 107 issues, and of the 206 additional variant covers I have 169 that I'm willing to scan if you want them. I'm still getting more variants (I'm waiting on 15 to arrive in the mail) and would scan them as well.

I also have 2 Australian trilogy box sets that aren't listed that I'll supply photo's and info for.

I regularly trawl ebay and have also come across a few more things that could be added to the collectables page.

To put it basically, I'm here to help, so let me know what you'd like...
Hi Quinton, I'm always looking for new material to add to the site, the comics are copyrighted so I couldn't add scans of those, but anything else I'd be interested in?
Kweethul

Post by Kweethul »

I didn't mean the whole comics, just the covers, which I'm almost finished doing, then I just need to resize them.

I'm compiling a pictures and info post of all the stuff I can find that's not here at the same time.

Things like this version of...

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell

Author Bruce Campbell
Publisher Aurum Press Ltd
Date of Publication 21/05/2009
Language English
Format Paperback
ISBN-10 1845134745
ISBN-13 9781845134747
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I am another great Ash fan, I remember when I was a teen together with friends we saw "Evil Dead" and honestly I was not very impressed. But...
Few year later I saw "Evil Dead 2" and it was great, I just love the right mixture of horror, comedy, and a great kick-ass protagonist that do get beat by evil, but he beats back more!

I own few DVDs of the movies and still sometime I love to see them. I still cannot understand why Campbell is not more common in other movies, I like his acting.
I would love to find a copy of Army of Darkness Primitive Screwhead Edition to see it while waiting for the Extended Edition from Germany, perhaps I should open a thread to ask for it?
Eddie_Cougar

Post by Eddie_Cougar »

Eddie Cougar's the name. I've been a fan of the series since I first saw Evil Dead in high school '02. Here's my collection so far.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flintir ... sort=3&o=1

It's a start
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

Eddie_Cougar wrote:Eddie Cougar's the name. I've been a fan of the series since I first saw Evil Dead in high school '02. Here's my collection so far.
It's a start
Hello. Really cool for a start. :) Out of these I only have special collector's edition of "Evil Dead II" from Anchor Bay. I also have Russian Transfer of 16:9 Anchor Bay "The Evil Dead" DVD, Official Bootlef Edition of "Army of Darkness" and an original 1999 Elite "The Evil Dead". But I'm collecting anything connected with Sam Raimi so I have a lot of bootlegs, self-recorded DVD-R's and other stuff on him and other members of his "Michigan Mafia" like Scott Spiegel, Bruce Campbell and others.
Eddie_Cougar

Post by Eddie_Cougar »

I used to have the Official Bootleg of AOD but I traded it some years ago. My next purchase will hopefully be a Japanese laserdisc because why not?
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

Eddie_Cougar wrote:I used to have the Official Bootleg of AOD but I traded it some years ago. My next purchase will hopefully be a Japanese laserdisc because why not?
LaserDiscs are great collectables... VHS are great, as well, but far more common...
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

I opted to start collecting Japanese Evil Dead material about a year ago as that seemed to be some of the rarest stuff around, especially over in Europe and the USA. Actually before December of 2012, I didn't have an Evil Dead physical collection. Everything I owned was either DVDs or material on my PC, so pretty much everything now in my collection (http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/col ... sonal.html) has been assembled in the last year and a half.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:I opted to start collecting Japanese Evil Dead material about a year ago as that seemed to be some of the rarest stuff around, especially over in Europe and the USA. Actually before December of 2012, I didn't have an Evil Dead physical collection. Everything I owned was either DVDs or material on my PC, so pretty much everything now in my collection (http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/col ... sonal.html) has been assembled in the last year and a half.
That's just awesome, especially since your collection is one of the greatest I've ever seen and is some kind of a small museum...
It makes me quite optimistic about the future of my Raimi collection... :)