HD Restoration 2.0

Talk about the 1990s number 1 video game show GamesMaster.
Roareye

HD Restoration 2.0

Post by Roareye »

After a failed Kickstarter last year, I was unable to continue with the restoration as it was. It turns out this was a blessing in disguise, as it forced me to reconsider how the restoration was done from the very start. It turns out there was much improvement I could do in the initial upscaling stages.

However I do need feedback. Below is a new restored Dave Perry segment, which is far superior to the previous restoration. The key need for feedback is on the added grain which maintains the image sharpness and makes the show more filmic. Is it too much grain? Would you prefer no grain? Let me know. Updates as always are on the Gamesmaster HD Facebook group.

Also any advice on spam blocking on the forums would be fantastic, try as I might I can't seem to block them all >.>

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... 3Dyoutu.be

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Re: HD Restoration 2.0

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Regarding spam blocking, I know on this forum (which is PHPBB based) I can do two things to stop spam; add a question which would need to be answered by anyone wanting to sign up (something about gamesmaster for instance, but something people could fairly easily find out, such as where was series 1 set? In a church). The other thing to do is set the forum so you have to authorize all accounts, then the forum will send you an email for any new signups and you have to agree to them, or disagree. Plus if you do get a spammer, use the forum settings to ban them by IP, which is better than just banning their username or email (in which case they can just sign up again with a new username or Gmail account). Hope that helps!