GamesMaster Final Episode - Remaster V5, 1080p

Talk about the 1990s number 1 video game show GamesMaster.
Roareye

GamesMaster Final Episode - Remaster V5, 1080p

Post by Roareye »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVdmGDEtQjk

Here you go guys. This is Version 5 of the remaster, though there is the possibility of getting more sharpness and clarity out of the image with a more intensive frame-by-frame decompiling/recompiling process - as well as me still working on a surround sound audio mix for optimum clarity.

This V5 HD Remaster does fix a few things;
- Colouration is improved. I've tried to stay loyal to the show's direction but there were some sequences where poor colour balance actually hid details and reduced image quality. I've rectified these issues without trying to alter the mood of the show.
- Sharpness and clarity is improved. While not a lossless file on YT, the upgrade is still visible - moreso on a large TV. Remaster V6 would hopefully improve on this further.

Obviously this isn't perfection, being a Youtube video and running on a relatively low mbps ratio, but it's a stable and colour balanced (and slightly sharper) version of the show - thus the best you'll find anywhere currently. It's an improvement on the DVD original, but there's still room for improvement - but I am a bit of a perfectionist.

Do let me know what you think, and what stuff needs more work or improvement for future revisions. :)

dreamkatcha

Re: GamesMaster Final Episode - Remaster V5, 1080p

Post by dreamkatcha »

I can't wait to put some time aside to watch this properly from start to finish. Just wanted to say thanks very much for your slavish dedication to making this a reality, it hasn't gone unnoticed. I wouldn't know where to begin so I'm very grateful you do. :)

Roareye

Post by Roareye »

Thanks man ^_^ It's really appreciated to get some feedback :)

Anyway, here's a link to a remaster comparison from the Gore Special;
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=142&p=810#p810

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Sorry about the late reply. Been really busy myself and my mother needed a life saving emergency operation. She had appendicitis which had turned into gangrene. She's much better now and almost fully recovered.

As for the remaster it's really good. My brother does some video editing. If you send me the file he can remove the black bars either side without losing any quality.

Roareye

Post by Roareye »

Oh dude, I'm glad she's recovered, how awful :(

Thanks for the compliment on the remaster of the final episode. I actually have improved the technique somewhat with the VCD Gore Special, and have already eliminated the black bars in that video, so I will likely redo the final ever episode again later to make it look the best (It should do, being a DVD conversion and all).