Magazine scanning project

Talk about past and present issues of the Official Magazine.
K1ngarth3r

Re: Magazine scanning project

Post by K1ngarth3r »

Having said that, magazine scans are popping up all around the internet (There's loads of the current issues out there). So I will be searching every now and again and adding them to Underground Gamer so there easy to find and announcing it here.

A site needs to make you feel nostalgic (When it comes to a retro site) so without that it's just another forum (Although i'm not complaining because i'd miss it if it went).

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

Well I'm finally getting round to scanning in my 4 GM mags. They are 95/96 era.

Got to wait until I get my A3 scanner and I get a few hundred hours spare but hey, it'll be a few more to add to the torrent.

If anyone has any more for scanning let me know. We'll have to see how I get on with these first though.

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

Nice one - finally getting somewhere with this torrent! :D

astracrest

Post by astracrest »

You can download some gamesmaster magazine scans from the following site. There are other magazines on there as well

http://www.oldgamemags.com/?page_id=227

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

Wow there's even the pre release sampler issue there, didn't know that existed! Nice find astracrest!

I've now got a stack of issues from the best era of the magazine, trouble is they are absolutely mint, never been read so I'm loath to potentially damage them by scanning them in. Trouble is they are getting harder to find by the day, I might have to bite the bullet and do it anyway :?

azel

Post by azel »

The sampler issue on that site is from Sega Power, I assume it's the same sampler that was given away with Total! which I have photographed and uploaded into the collections thread. Obviously the scans will be far more useful than my photos!

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

That's fantastic!

I'll get these added to my torrent and thank the original source!

Edit: Underground Gamer is currently down :o

astracrest

Post by astracrest »

I had a go at scanning one of my old gamesmaster magazines from April 2001. It can be downloaded from here if anyone's interested
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajlrlt

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Awesome, thanks mate!

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

astracrest wrote:I had a go at scanning one of my old gamesmaster magazines from April 2001. It can be downloaded from here if anyone's interested
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajlrlt
Nice one mate! sorry for the late thanks! really do appreciate your efforts I no how tire some scanning can be!