Gamesmaster & Bad Influence ISO DVD 2017 links

Talk about the download area, the shows & other downloads.
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Gamesmaster & Bad Influence ISO DVD 2017 links

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Here it is, it's taken a long while, but I've finally been able to upload all of my Gamesmaster & Bad Influence master disc images & artwork. This is due to the fact that I got fibre-optic broadband last Thursday, and have an unlimited hosting package with my BookOfTheDead.ws Evil Dead website. Everything together comes to a total of 217GB. It will stay online too. This forum is hosted on the same webspace, so if you're reading this, the uploads will be working too.

The current DVD set covers all 126 episodes over series 1 to 7, in medium VHS up to to near DVD quality, spread over 24 discs. As of the December 2011 upgrade project; Series 3 Episode 24 (Crash Test Dummies - Slick & Spin) is the only episode which is still missing any footage (about 5mins off the end), so that's over 52 hours of nostalgia! You can read more detailed info on the status of each episode in the DVD set on this listings page;

Gamesmaster S1-7 Upgraded DVD Box-Set Listings Page
http://www.bookofthedead.ws/private_dum ... ox-set.htm

The last physical sets I sold were back in 2014. As it stands, there are no further episode upgrades waiting on the horizon, but even if this set is the final version, then that wouldn't be the end of the world. As of the upgrades, (S3 - E24) Crash Test Dummies - Slick & Spin is the only episode which is still missing any footage (about 5mins off the end, it would be nice to fill this gap) and there is always scope for quality improvements, but I think getting even this far is a massive achievement! It's worth bearing in mind that this was a huge task, with the DVD set as it is drawn from a total of about 80 VHS tapes between the original transfers and the various upgrades. Starting back in February of 2010, I've devoted literally months of my spare evenings & weekends and have put so much hard work into this.

For anyone who's bought disc sets from me in the past, these are the files I used to create those sets, so if you've lost any discs over the years, you can use these downloads to replace them. Everyone else is free to download them too, and don't forget, you'll need a pair of red/green 3D glasses for use with Series 2 Episodes 18 (Ulrika Jonsson) & 19 (Vic Reeves). The Gamesmaster DVDs are in Nero's NRG propitiatory format, as I was using Nero to burn four discs simultaneously and Nero's own NRG file format seemed to work the best. Most DVD burning programs should still burn this format if you don't have Nero. All the dual/single layer discs I use myself, are all Verbatim '+R' which have just about the best compatibility rate of any single/dual layer media you can buy. You'll also notice that some of the DVD covers below are available with either 22mm spines and 14mm spines. You can use either one depending on the sort of case you'll be putting it in to.

PLEASE NOTE: FOR SOME REASON, MICROSOFT EXPLORER & EDGE DON'T SEEM TO RECOGNISE THE NERO 'NRG' DISC IMAGE FILE FORMAT, AND TRY BOTH AND OPEN ANY 'NRG' LINKS AS A HTML WEBPAGE, SAME HAPPENS IF YOU RIGHT CLICK & 'SAVE TARGET AS'. THE LINKS DOWNLOAD FINE IN CHROME AND FIREFOX THOUGH.

Any problems, get in touch.

PLEASE PM ME FOR THE DOWNLOAD LINKS!

K1ngarth3r

Re: Gamesmaster & Bad Influence ISO DVD 2017 links

Post by K1ngarth3r »

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

tokyochojin

Post by tokyochojin »

Just wanted to say a big thanks, this is great! Going to take a while to grab them all but just wanted to show my appreciation.

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

I can't believe it's taken me 3 years to finally get round to burning and enjoying these but they are absolutaly fantastic :) The additional adverts and channel 4 idents are amazing!!

I'm using a Denon DVD player (grab them while they are cheap) and a 1981 Sony monitor/TV and it's like I'm watching them for the first time.

I can't thank you enought for your efforts SeeNoEvil, and for keeping this forum online, even if if there's not been a lot of traffic for a while.

Not sure if it's of interest or if you still have the tapes but this is an interesting project I've been following but wasn't aware it extended to VHS now too:

https://www.domesday86.com/?page_id=978

I'm sure the possibilities extend far beyond the GM preservation project (though I selfishly would want this above all else :) ).

Having said that, on a CRT, I can't honestly see how your amazing encodes can be improved upon!
20200314_033037_2.jpg
20200314_033037_2.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 6040 times

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Well all these tapes were captured via S-Video cables to a top of the line JVC VCR, so the quality will be pretty much as good as it's going to get. Besides that, this set is compiled from a good few peoples private VHS collections, so tracking down each person & source tape might not be even possible. These were not my own tapes. Lastly, there's about 48 hours of footage over the set, a huge amount of material compiled over a number of years first time round, and not something I'll be quick to want to do over again!