Playing Imports on a PSX

Talk about all things related to Sony, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 etc.
timwonnacott

Playing Imports on a PSX

Post by timwonnacott »

Ive got a few PSX imports that I want to play but my PS2 wont run them. Are their any online shops where I can buy a PSX that will run imports?

I vaguely remember someone mentioning a site on the old GM site but I didnt write it down at the time.

K1ngarth3r

Re: Playing Imports on a PSX

Post by K1ngarth3r »

You can either have you're PS2 modded to play import games (PS1 included I think)

Or you can pick up a modded PS1 from a car boot or somewhere similar to Console Passion :)

If you google mrmonkey I believe he might have a guide on how to mod it yourself if you wanted to.

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Just soft-mod your PS2. Depending on whether you have a slim or a fat PS2 decides how you go about soft-modding your PS2. I've got a fat and a slim PS2 and I've soft-modded both. Both can now play copied PS1 games by simply disc swapping.

To play copied PS2 games on a PS2. I use a hacked memory card with Free McBoot on it.
Last edited by Exoddus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Hacking a PS2 memory card isn't easy though. If anyone wants a hacked PS2 memory card so they can play copied PS2 games. They can post me their memory card and I can hack it for them. I've only done it once though but I still have the disc somewhere and should be able to get it to boot off my hacked memory card.

I mostly use my PS2 now. As an AVI player. The hacked memory card can play AVI's from a USB pen, using the Simple Media Player software that's on the memory card (handy for watching Games Master!)

You can also run emulators and other tools off it.

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

Great info their matey...

I looked into soft modding the ps2 after you posted this and looks like it might be worth while - Would be good to play some of the import games I have on the system.

timwonnacott

Post by timwonnacott »

K1ngarth3r wrote:You can either have you're PS2 modded to play import games (PS1 included I think)

Or you can pick up a modded PS1 from a car boot or somewhere similar to Console Passion :)

If you google mrmonkey I believe he might have a guide on how to mod it yourself if you wanted to.
Console Passion doesnt have them for sale. All I could find was just info and a blank page on the console sections.