GamesMaster magazine (extras)

Just bought yourself something new? Have a secret collection of gaming stuff that you are just itching to boast about? Post it here!
Exoddus

GamesMaster magazine (extras)

Post by Exoddus »

I'm going to post up some of the extras I have with my GamesMaster magazines. I'm not really a collector. I and my brother have bought the first 150 issues pretty much. We and another brother of ours really enjoy reading the old GamesMaster magazines. Unfortunately I'm the one who gets to store them :lol:. It's mainly stuff I and my brother got with issues of the magazines we bought off of various people.

It's funny because some of these extras are actually worth quite a few quid. Much more than the actual magazines themselves! I guess there are collectors out there and some of this stuff is pretty rare.

Issue 1 with the double sided poster and Winners hand book + stickers still sealed in original packaging!

Issue 2 with double sided poster

Issue 3 with a couple of Streetfighter cards and small Muhammad Ali poster still attached in the middle.

Issue 4 with small poster still attached in the middle

Issue 9 with it's original top 100 book. I believe this was the first issue to come with a free book.

Issue 30 with Alton Towers voucher not cut out and coke advert still attached.

Issue 37 with postcards and £30,000 GamesMaster competition postcard

Issue 43 with Adidas power soccer transfer still attached

Issue 48 with tips book

Issue 50 with GamesMaster discount card

Issue 51 with tips diary

GamesMaster binder

GamesMaster pin badges

Maybe the rarest items. Two GamesMaster live programs. I had one for sale on this forum and had an agreed price. I removed the post from the forum but unfortunately the guy pulled out a week later. I was planning on putting it back on sale on this forum but never got around to it. I recently watched one sale for £108 on ebay. So I'll most likely list one of these on ebay in the next couple of months when I need the cash!

azel

Re: GamesMaster magazine (extras)

Post by azel »

That's some nice items, nice to see another GamesMaster fan and their collection!

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

I'm Jelly :D

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

GamesMaster promotional maze game. Given away free in packs of Sugar Puffs back in 1994. This is #1 of a series.

CSB1980

Post by CSB1980 »

Hi Folks,

Just stumbled across the website while looking for info on Games Master live, great to find a website and like minded people who keep the memory of Games Master alive. I loved that show.

Loving all the pictures of your collections, very jealous, i too am a collector of Games Master and all things retro, i'm also the one that bought the Games Master live mag on eBay recently, which i see has been mentioned in the forum. I'll post some pics of my collection soon.

If anyone is interested in trading/selling anything Games Master then please give me a shout!.

Cheers

CSB

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Hello and welcome my friend! I would love to see your GamesMaster collection. I'm not really a collector myself. Most of the rarer stuff I have came with bundles of magazines I bought privately on forums. Azel has a much bigger and better collection of items than I have. Though he's an active collector I think. I'm more of a dormant one :lol:.

The 150 magazines I have. I think I bought a total of 3 of them on ebay to fill the missing gaps. I just love reading them as does two of my brothers.

The only thing I have for trade/sell atm is a GamesMaster live program. Which you already have now. Simply because I have two of them. As I posted before I'm thinking about listing it on ebay.

The other items I have may end up for sale later this year too. I'm always running out of money and no, I don't have a drug addition :lol:

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

I have more GamesMaster stuff but I'm not going to take pictures of most of it right now. As azel has already posted pictures of the same stuff.

Here's some new things which haven't been posted on here yet.

Sega Power magazine with GamesMaster mini mag still attached

x-com apocalypse poster given away with issue 59 of GamesMaster magazine

Croc poster given away free with issue 60 of GamesMaster

This item is really cool. It's a "Special Issue" of GamesMaster magazine. I'm guessing it was a promotional magazine to advertise the new up and coming GamesMaster magazine. It features the exact same reviews and articles seen in both issue 1 and issue 2 of GamesMaster magazine.

There's a subscription voucher you could cut out to get a whole years worth of GamesMaster magazines for £19.95. There's also 4 discount vouchers. The vouchers gave you a £2.50 discount at Virgin Games for any Sega product of the value of £25 of more. I'm surprised these vouchers are still intact and not cut out! More pictures to come soon!

There's also a Virgin games advert and a Virgin games competition to win £1000 of Sega games. So maybe this special issue magazine was given away in Virgin game stores? I will check later to see if these appear in the first 2 issues of GamesMaster magazine.