My Mega Drive collection

Just bought yourself something new? Have a secret collection of gaming stuff that you are just itching to boast about? Post it here!
Exoddus

My Mega Drive collection

Post by Exoddus »

Sorry for my long absence. I hope you are all well. I was boxing up my Mega Drive collection so decided I'll take some pictures and talk about it here. Just because it's been well over a year since I last posted.

Anyway,

I have 3 brothers and a sister. So basically the only way our parents could stop us beating the absolute crap out of each other was to buy us Sega Master System and Mega Drive games from time to time.

We probably had over 150 Mega Drive games in total. Years later my uncle asked my brothers and I if he could borrow the Mega Drive and the games for his two, 10 year old daughters to borrow. They were only in a box doing nothing. So we lent them to him. Under the understanding we'd have them back a couple of months later.

A couple of years went by and we finally found out from his son that my uncle pawned them off in Cash Converters.

So over the years I've been buying Mega Drive games. 90% of them coming from carboot sales. I don't think I've ever paid more than £1 for a game at a carboot sale.

Anyway here's some pictures of my "new" Mega Drive collection. All these games are complete with manuals.

A bunch of sports games. They are all good apart from Ryan Giggs football. Sensible Soccer still is one of the best sports games of all time. I used to love starting fights in EA Hockey too!

Road Rash was one the the most played games in our house. Even my sister played it. I think Greatest Heavyweights of the Ring is the most underrated sport game on the Mega Drive

Home Alone is really underrated. Bonanza Bros was better on the Master Sytem IMO.

Streets of Rage 1 and 2 were both bought at carboot sales for £1 each. Streets of Rage 3 was bought on ebay 3 years ago for £30.

I backed Toejam and Earl on Kickstarter. I spoke to Greg Johnson a bunch of times and he offered to sign my Toejam and Earl games. So I posted the inlays off and he signed them and sent them back to me.

I bought Earthworm 2 from ebay. I somehow still had the manual from years before. So I got it quite cheap.

I bought the cases and manuals from a guy on ebay with no carts for cheap. Then I bought the carts from ebay. So these Golden Axe games cost me at least 50% less for what they sell for on ebay.

I really like Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but everyone seems to dislike it.

Alien Storm was from a carboot for £1 but it had no manual. I got a manual on ebay for £1.60 with free p+p.

I bought the Ghostbusters cart first from ebay. Then a year later I got the manual on ebay. A couple of months after that I got the inlay from ebay. All original. Total cost of around £9.

These are carts only. Top left is Booger Man

These are missing manuals. I bought all of these from carboot sales for £1 each. I've seen some of these manuals for sale on ebay. But they went for more than I was willing to pay.

These were bought about 2 years ago. They cost me about £1.75 each. They all have manuals but they do not have their carts. So I need to work on that! If I can complete them by buying the carts on ebay. It'll have been a good investment.

That's all hope you enjoy!

K1ngarth3r

Re: My Mega Drive collection

Post by K1ngarth3r »

The images don't work?

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

The images are working for me?

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

The site which I hosted them probably went down for a bit.

Anyway here's a small update.

I managed to buy the case and manual for Lemmings for £3 total. The cart cost me £1. So £4 total spend for a game worth around £8.

I bought the Ristar cart for £13 total. So Ristar fully complete cost me less than £15 total. It's worth around £40 fully complete.

I bought the Ghouls 'n Ghosts manual for £15 total. Not the greatest deal in the world but decent when you consider I got the case and cart for £1 at a carboot sale. So it cost me £16 total and it's worth around £35.