HP Compaq NX7010 15.4" 1.7 GHz Laptop

Just bought yourself something new? Have a secret collection of gaming stuff that you are just itching to boast about? Post it here!
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

HP Compaq NX7010 15.4" 1.7 GHz Laptop

Post by SeeNoEvil »

A Laptop is never something I've owned, always tended towards a proper full PC, but I recently picked up a HP Compaq NX7010 Laptop on Ebay for £67 inc P&P;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... 0579010862

Price not too bad considering it's a Pentium 1.7 GHz with a 15" widescreen LCD, 50GB hard drive, 1.5GB memory, WiFi, and a DVD-RW drive. The seller cheekily listed it as having Office 2010, but I got the laptop only to find they had installed a pirated version and left it asking for a serial (so I'd still have had to buy a retail copy if I'd wanted a legal serial to type in!), least there is a legal Windows XP serial on the case. As with many second hand laptops, I had to get a new battery, so I picked up a generic cheapo one from Hong Kong for about £22, and it's been doing me fine actually.
Attachments
PICT6942.JPG
PICT6942.JPG (248.75 KiB) Viewed 5599 times

gazereths

Re: HP Compaq NX7010 15.4" 1.7 GHz Laptop

Post by gazereths »

Pretty good price for that, I assume it's just for surfing, word processing and emailing etc?

Proves there are still bargains to be had on fleabay though :p

I recently got a Dell XPS 702x. Sandybridge Core i5 processor, Geforce GT555M gpu with 3 gig vram, 6 gig of 1333MHz DDR3 ram, Windows 7 home premium, HD screen and pretty awesome speakers for a lappy.........Plays every game I've thrown at it so far on near high settings, burns the battery in under an hour when gaming though...More of a desktop replacement than anything.

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Re: HP Compaq NX7010 15.4" 1.7 GHz Laptop

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Yeah it's really either for use at work or when my home PC is otherwise engaged, such as capturing or encoding Gamesmaster DVDs for instance. I use it just for bits and pieces, website work, 8/16/32bit emulators, some old DOS & windows PC games, internet, email. I think the most recent games I own are probably Manhunt or Soldier Of Fortune II, nothing too CPU taxing, Currently playing through Normality, one of my all time favourite games, and working though Donkey Kong Country on my old SNES (which obviously isn't on my laptop though). The new battery I mentioned gives me about 4-5 hours with normal use, but most of the time the it's plugged into the wall anyway.