Bad Influence Magazine

ITV's 1990's answer to GamesMaster, presented by Andy Crane & Violet Berlin, Bad Influence was another land mark Video game show.
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Bad Influence Magazine

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I recently picked up issue 1 of Bad Influence magazine. I've been on the lookout for a long while. As far as I know, there were only ever two issues, and I have to say from looking at it, I can see why...

As far as computer magazines go, it's really quite lackluster. I thought given the show, it would be something special. I mean the early Gamesmaster magazines really were pretty decent, as well as really playing on the show with graphics, features and whatnot. This BI issue reads more like a light fan club magazine. A couple of half hearted cast interviews, some reviews, cheats. When you compare it to other titles of the day, GM, CVG, Mean Machines, or even the gold standard of Super Play, it shows quite poorly.

It's a shame because I've been looking forward to owning a copy for a good while. I'll still keep an eye out for issue 2 though. I'm surprised it only lasted for two issues though, you'd think they'd give it a couple more before pulling the plug?

Exoddus

Re: Bad Influence Magazine

Post by Exoddus »

I've never seen the Bad Influence magazine. Would like to read it one day, even if it does suck. If you're bored during lockdown, I wouldn't mind a download of it!