http://www.gamesmasterlive.net

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
GMLive

Re: http://www.gamesmasterlive.net

Post by GMLive »

OK guys if that's how you feel then fair play.....Me is well and truly trumped i thinks, judging by some of the comments about me here I wish I knew about this place before GML was brought back, luckily GMlive is on web space current occupied by my DJ/Vinyl/Tape community so hasn't cost me anything as such, i did explain the reasons why it went down in a mass email before it closed, I guess the site was more damaged than thought, again I left an explanation to Kingarthur when it returned as a lot of you were pissed and quite rightly so if you didn't know.

I can only apologizes for what happened to the last site that's all I can do, the SQL database's that were backed up from the old forum are so old now that they are not compatible with the new site, as much as I've tried to re-write them so they are compatible with the new Nuke Site it isn't going to work sadly, it would seem that GMLive is in the same position as when Gamesanimal.com collapsed and was brought back again with no posts, it died on it's arse after that...shit happens! :(

As for the site I can see no point in continuing support for it if none one is going to follow it as it doesn't make sense, in which case the best thing would be dissociate the site from GamesMaster all together and make it into something different, At least this place will will keep the ghost of GML alive, also HD forums are worth a try too, I will most likely point whats left on the GML.net domain to HD Site as it would be good to get this going it looks good. 8-)

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

This place has been online since September 2011. Truth be told, I only started it so I could keep information on my Gamesmaster DVD set along with the AVI links online, as there was no where else on the net obvious to house them. Just a shame all the old gamesmasterlive stuff went really, I never got that mass email, and judging by some of the comments, I think others must have missed out on that too. Once you've lost the confidence of people that all their hard work in posting new and exciting material might be lost overnight (even when it's totally out of your hands), then it's hard to get that back. I make regular offline backups of this forum, although at the moment as you can see it's not exactly buzzing with activity. The only odd posts here now, tend to be someone selling something, or someone wanting a Gamesmaster DVD set.

I think that ironically the Gamesmaster DVD project has helped to kill things off as well. People used to post their memories of lost shows, feverishly post links to scrappy little YouTube clips and the odd full show, now it's all there for the taking, anyone can download the whole thing in MP4 format for free, people don't need a gamesmaster site of any description as much as they used to since they can just watch it. Plus the only people who would remember or really be interested in Gamesmaster would be in their thirties now, when people tend to move on from such things, and even then it would be due to the nostalgia factor. Can't imagine anyone from the X Factor teeny generation giving it a second look so it's not like it's attracting new fans every day, they're an ever shrinking pool. I mean this place is dead, as is gamesmasterhd.co.uk, and gamesmasterlive.net is quiet too.

That said, at least it's now out there for anyone who wants it. I recently upgraded my BookOfTheDead.ws webhosting from 10GB to 150GB, so there is now more than enough space to have this forum along with all the MP4 files (only about 16gb-ish) hosted here for the foreseeable future.

Actually (and if it's possible), if there is any way of putting the old forum back online I'd be happy to host it. As I have my own hosting I can be more flexible about what I put online, so I could maybe download and install an old version of your forum software and put that on my hosting which might run your SQL database? or if you have an offline read-only saved version of your forum (saved with a program like Httrack), I could host that. It would only be for informational purposes linked from this forum, but at least it would be online?

GMLive

Post by GMLive »

Ill see what sqls i have of the old forums

gamesmaster live was started in 2005 by my self and a guy called prince and with some help from jack we brought a proper site to the web and in the height of its prime from 2006 to 2010 it was a busy place but when we sat back and looked at it towards the end the only reason it was busy was due to the downloads which required 10 forum posts to gain access to them, in some ways it was disheartening to see that as soon as they got what they wanted we never saw them again...it was only the real diehard fans keeping it going in the end and even they were few and far between and glad to see same of those fans still here.

My honest opinion now is gm is dead what with every show now available on youtube everyone will leave thier comments there rather than on a fanbase forum as is seen now sadly

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I think that just about sums it all up but yes, let me know if you do turn up any old SQL databases?