What are you currently playing?

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

I'll start! :)

Recently finished the game on MVS, I don't normally play this style of game but fancied a change - really enjoyed it and found the end boss weird lol.

Would highly recommend.

Moondog

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Moondog »

currently playing Legend of Grimrock on PC, a new dungeon crawler RPG that has all the charms of those from yesteryear.

as well as trying to finish up the challenge maps on Batman: Arkham City, to get my platinum trophy.

and still regularly playing Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer, just reached Prestige 5.

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

About a month ago I spent a bored afternoon downloading pirated versions of a few games listed in some top-30-horror-PC-games web site;

Resident Evil 6 - What happened to this series, RE1/2/3 were so good, they've gutted the game in favour of some sort of Virtual-Cop glorified lightgun game? All the puzzle element is gone, such a shame.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - couldn't get on with this, not sure why, made me feel motion sick, graphics aren't amazing either.

Penumbra: Black Plague - Was a little better, gave this one an hour. The graphics were better, but I found it very hard to play though. Figuring out what to do, is more trial and error than logic, and there were a number of places I had to consult a players guide just to move forward. Some of the game takes place in a dreamworld so the tasks you have to complete to progress are utterly nonsensical, which just makes the game such hard work to play, so I gave up on that.

Manhunt 2 - Found an Uncut PC version, compared to the first game it's not as good. The graphics don't seem to be as good even compared to the first one which was a few years earlier, and the premise isn't there. The first one had a great premise and really worked fantastically well. The gore is good, but it really just isn't all that much cop.

Anyway the last one I downloaded was Outlast, which is a cracking game. I was initially sceptical about the inability to fight, just run and hide, but it really works, played though it over two days, I can not commend it highly enough. Certainly one of the scariest games I've ever played. I loved it so much so that I waited until the release of Whistleblower and bought the whole package from the creator's site. Whistleblower is certainly worth getting, better than the original game too. You can get Outlast & Whistleblower along with the score for about $26. People say piracy is killing the games industry, but this is one sale they got because I was able to download a pirated (free) version of the game, a sale which they would not have got otherwise. I have to commend them that in an age when companies (particularly EA) are releasing broken games crippled by DRM, dependant on an 'authentication' server to run each time, when the pirated versions have no such limitations, that I know in 10 years time I can load up this game and happily play away as it has no such DRM protection.

It ranks up there in my all time top games; Far Cry 3, GTA 4, Manhunt, C&C: Red Alert on the PC, and Resident Evil 1/2/3 & Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I've already pre-ordered The Evil Within too, that looks to be a cracking horror game, Amazon still says it will be released on Aug 29th, but I've heard its been pushed back to October. Waiting for GTA5 of course too!

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

I'm playing Golden Axe The Duel at the moment, finding it tough because I don't know any of the moves but feels good to play because I was such a big fan of the Golden Axe games :)

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

K1ngarth3r wrote:I'm playing Golden Axe The Duel at the moment, finding it tough because I don't know any of the moves but feels good to play because I was such a big fan of the Golden Axe games :)
Whenever I read the words "Golden Axe" this is the first thing that pops into my head.

Is this one of. If not the greatest video game cartridge of all time? Having 3 brothers and a sister and only one Mega Drive. This cartridge was played more in our house than any other. As Golden Axe and Streets of Rage were two player games.

Many bottles of Sunny Delight were consumed playing that cartridge back in the 90's!

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I've just started playing Wolfenstein - The New Order, which is okay actually, I've tried a fair few recent games and found they weren't my cup of tea, tried Crysis 3 big found that overly complicated, same with Watch Dogs, too much frippery. Wolfenstein is nice and simple, point and shoot.

Didn't Golden Axe get a poor showing in the GM reviews, Dom saying "walk along kick, walk along kick.." comes to mind? I think I tried it once and a friends house and didn't get on with it. I preferred Actraiser which was similar with better graphics & game play.

azel

Post by azel »

Just started playing Watch Dogs, I know I've left it late! After all the hype, I don't think it's especially brilliant, but it's been enjoyable so far.