Wreck-It Ralph

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
azel

Wreck-It Ralph

Post by azel »

Anyone seen this? I saw it last week and loved it. A lot of the references went over the heads of the younger people in the cinema, makes me feel old!

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I've seen the trailer for this, I might catch it on DVD, but a trip to the cinema seems like daylight robbery these days, they should all wear striped jumpers and masks!

azel

Post by azel »

I hadn't been to the cinema for years, I remember watching Jurassic Park in '93 when it was £2.20, now it's a tenner! I wanted to see it on the big screen plus it was in 3D, and I'd not seen a 3D movie before. I would recommend it to any gamer with a retro interest, seeing the Q*Bert characters homeless after their machine was switched off was quite bittersweet.

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

I watched Jurassic Park in the cinemas too. The first film I can remember watching in the cinema is Home Alone 2. Which would have been late 1992 I think.

The last film I watched in the cinema was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I only ever go on Wednesdays now. As I'm on Orange.

If anyone wants an Orange Wednesday code to watch a film on a Wednesday (buy 1 get 1 free) on this forum and I've not used it or gave away the code to someone else. Send me a PM and I may be able to supply you with a code.

As it's buy 1 get 1 free. You'll have to take someone along with you.

But yeah, I'll have to catch Wreck-It Ralph. I'll be looking out for those references!

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

This wasn't exactly what I thought it'd be. I think it was even a bit poor by pixar standards (after Wall-E it's all a bit meh).

The references were funny but they are all in the trailers.

FYI You can download the Fix it Felix prototype now for the arcade machines they sent to Disney parks. IMHO it looks cool but plays like a donkey's hind quarters.