Wow! Hello!

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
Ditsy

Wow! Hello!

Post by Ditsy »

:shock: hello!!!!! Well! This was a bit of a shock to find! I decided to have a poke about the "olden days" and remembered this site! I made some awesome friends here, I can't remember forum names but there was Kris, Dave, Colin and Rob? I recognise cyber-hazuki too. I left the other forum in strange circumstances! It's nice to see it is here. Does Al have anything to do with it anymore?

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Re: Wow! Hello!

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I'm Rob, the guy who made the GM DVD sets and webmaster here. The GML website & forum went offline some years back, with no explanation. I started this forum on my own webspace a short time later so people would still have a place to discuss GM, and I had somewhere to still flog my GM DVD sets too. As I recall Al did re-start GML a year or so later, but that was short lived and it's no longer online I think.

Since the GM DVD set I made contains the entire 7 series' (bar a few mins of one episode), and everyone who wants one pretty much got one, the forum died off as there's not a whole lot to discuss any more,. It's pretty much dead now. I'm no longer selling DVD sets, but the MP4 versions are still free for anyone to download without even signing up, and those few missing mins off the end of series 3 episode 24 look likely to stay missing as I've not heard a peep from anyone in the last year or two on that front. Still, I'll keep the forum online for nostalgia, and people like yourself to stumble upon!

I've recently bought a few bits; a set of GM mags; issues 1-74, along with the complete set of super play magazines, and the thing I'm after at the moment is ConsoleXS and superXS magazines, they don't come up on Ebay very often so I've been searching for a good few months now.

Ditsy

Post by Ditsy »

Heya SEN! Were you a member on the old site too then? It's a shame, at one point it was really picking up pace and became a very friendly forum. I hope this one picks up for you. I had a mega crush on dave perry lol!!! And I loved games master, it was one of my favorites! I play less games now, two kids and my own business kind of kills my time :( plus I have to fight hubby to get on there lol! I was very into retro consoles and I love fighting and racing games. I played the new mortal combat against my brother-in-law a month or so ago and him to a pulp which he didn't expect because he is just use to "mum" me lol!

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Yes, I was a member of the old site for a few years, lots of great & helpful people on there, that's where I first started making & selling the GM DVD set, if it hadn't been for GML, then I probably never would have done it.

Series 1 & 2 are still my favourites, back before Dom became an increasing arse, still watch them every so often too. As far as game consoles; I do own a SNES, MegaDrive & PSX, but mostly I just play those games on an emulator through my smartphone. Just played through Spellbound Dizzy on a Sectrum ZX emulator at a matter of fact.

Ditsy

Post by Ditsy »

Haha yeh, I didn't mind his arseness but if he was like it in real life I could imagine he would of got punched often!
I loved Dexter Fletcher too even though there was a lot of controversy, I thought he did well and made it a bit different :)
SNES, master system, mega drive and game gear are my favorites. I never really done spectrum/Atari/commadore type consoles. I was pretty limited to Nintendo and Sega. Then we got a play station :) my brother and I use to fight over it so much! I would run home so I could play on it first!