OnLive

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
HAD0KEN

OnLive

Post by HAD0KEN »

Anyone been checking this out? The new gaming console that relies on just the internet! No download involved, just purchase the game and your away. It's done my streaming. I highly recommend it. I got one for free at the Expo Eurogamer over the weekend. There on sale soon in the UK priced at £69.99

www.onlive.co.uk

kungfukid

Re: OnLive

Post by kungfukid »

I read quite a bit about it a few weeks ago, sounds really good! I think perhaps I'm just too old fashioned though - I like to have the game in my hand with case and manual! I can't imagine getting the same feeling from downloading a game as a child now as I still clearly remember getting when queing up to get Mortal Kombat on the day it was released, then looking at the box art and reading the instruction manual on the bus on the way home!! :D Maybe not the best reason to not use this new system, but I'm a sucker for nostalgia!! :lol:
All retro video games rock, but nothing beats the Master System!

HAD0KEN

Post by HAD0KEN »

I thought the exact same way, but when I found out I could play brand new games on a crappy PC, that left me with a change of opinion, lol. I installed OnLive on a 10 yeah old Dell computer and it played Dirt 3, and even Duke Nukem Forever! The console with a beautifully designed control pad was the cherry on the cake for me :lol:

kungfukid

Post by kungfukid »

I probably will end up getting it to be honest. And I saw they were giving them away free the other day, wish I'd been down south and able to get one. :( I've got unlimited broadband so no reason not to really... :)
All retro video games rock, but nothing beats the Master System!

hargcore

Post by hargcore »

The free game on signup incentive is a good one and I think if they handle it right it could be sucessful. I like to own the original but companies getting ahead of the game in moving to streaming and digital are good prospects. They will have bigger competition in the future though!

mistertoyou

Post by mistertoyou »

I like the idea of Onlive, if they keep to their plans then I think we may have a serious contender.

I've not been able to try it yet due to my limitations.

My PC - the CPU is too old (not SSE2 supported)
My laptop - Graphics card is too old (Shade Shadowing 2.0 not supported)
My Phone - WORKS!!! well I can view people playing.

Here's some links if anybody is interested in knowing more.

UK Launch Presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tKMaUohNE

OnLive Demo at Columbia University - Part 1 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qv4-GEK9Yo

Onlive viewer for Android Phones
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1154400