The future of Gamesmasterlive...

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
DenjinAkira

Re: The future of Gamesmasterlive...

Post by DenjinAkira »

I appreciate the vote for adminness' though I'm sure a lot of you won't even remember me, I only posted every so often in the old forums. I do remember however having KingArthur on XBL some time ago XD

Anyway I've been messing about with website creation today and was wondering how the old webmaster got the old site to look so 'legit', the GM format, designs and such. Makes me wish I took a screen shot of it at the time just to see.

Wix allows for the uploading of user generated images and such, after messing about in photoshop I had a crudely edited Gamesmaster logo up and running pretty quick. But I'm just thinking aloud here and not trying to tread on any admin toes here. I'm getting ahead of myself too.

It sounds like there is some interest in a community created webspace for us fans, but what sort of style does everybody want? A GM dedicated fan page or a retro gaming webspace with GM content. I thinking it over right now.

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

DenjinAkira wrote:I appreciate the vote for adminness' though I'm sure a lot of you won't even remember me, I only posted every so often in the old forums. I do remember however having KingArthur on XBL some time ago XD
At least you're coming up with ideas and willing to put some work in. Props to See No Evil for making this place but we all know things can't stay the way they are if we want to improve.

Krib2501

Post by Krib2501 »

I think a 90's gaming theme would be great! Obviously nothing has ever or will ever be better than Games Master but I think there would always be room for some Bad Influence. Even though Andy Crain and Violet Berlin make my skin crawl it's still all part of the nostalgia experience. So yeah, would love to see a 90's based gaming website.

In terms of hosting. I know shit all about websites, however my brother, like me, is a massive Games Master fan and he does do hosting and knows a fair bit about websites. He is always extremely tight on time as he takes on a lot but I'll ask him if he would be interested in hosting and/or helping with the site. I know that sounds a bit off given you don't know him or me but he's 100% reliable and a real nice guy. Guess you just have to take my word for it. Anyway. The offer is on the table.

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Hi all, I'm happy to give control of this forum to whoever really. At the start I did try and get others involved but no one seemed that interested, at least with a team of admins/webmasters, the site/forum doesn't belong to one person and it can't be taken offline on a whim as happened before, and as members drop out, others can take over, to make it a real team effort. It kinda fell to me to make this forum as I was doing the DVD sets, I had to re-create the forum to keep the sets out there, not exactly a selfless act but there you go?

People coming up with ideas is great, Can anyone else do HTML coding (in notepad from scratch) & website graphics (GIMP & photoshop)? I can do both, but it would be great to have members of the team that can do everything, so again it doesn't rely on the whims/time of one member to get everything done.

DenjinAkira

Post by DenjinAkira »

SeeNoEvil wrote:People coming up with ideas is great, Can anyone else do HTML coding (in notepad from scratch) & website graphics (GIMP & photoshop)? I can do both, but it would be great to have members of the team that can do everything, so again it doesn't rely on the whims/time of one member to get everything done.
I have to say looking at the quality of the work on those dvd covers, your ability is impressive, they look damned good! I sadly have very little html experience and not the time to learn really either so hopefully someone else does have the experience and time to contribute in this area?

I don't know a lot of you guys at all obviously, a few names here and there from the past I recognize sure. But SeeNoEvil, you seem to be the one with the most passion and initiative for this place (coupled with your skills and current site ownership anyway) so I think it's right you should (continue to) be the main lead (there does after all have to be an editor's position of some kind, in a magazine sense) and I'd do what I can to help out in any way. The work on those dvds show real dedication, so awesome! Hopefully some other offers to help will speak out though...
SeeNoEvil wrote:at least with a team of admins/webmasters, the site/forum doesn't belong to one person and it can't be taken offline on a whim as happened before, and as members drop out, others can take over, to make it a real team effort.
THIS THIS THIS THIS!

If it's possible, and enough are interested we need to compile a list of everybody who wants to contribute and what they can do? Also is anybody missing of the serious members of the old site we can get in line? Maybe make another thread for members to sign?

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

You've established a good starting base SeeNoEvil. I’m not very good with websites etc and have limited knowledge. If we need more space or move to a different domain. I would donate money to the website each month. I would come up with ideas about things the website needs/wants.

We need to get more people on here willing to help!

Cyber-Hazuki

Post by Cyber-Hazuki »

I'm actually pretty skilled with Photoshop, HTML, CSS etc and have some knowledge of other server side scripting (amongst other things), so I would be happy to help where I can, time is a bit of an issue, but hopefully something I could work around.

Krib2501

Post by Krib2501 »

Hey Guys,

I spoke to my brother about hosting this site and he said he'd be up for talking to you lot about it but he absolutely can not host anything with torrents on. He hosts for a lot of people and hes worried that if he got caught all the sites he hosts would go down. I know you're not posting torrents here anymore but from what I can tell there are still links to dead ones. They would probably have to go if he were to do it.

Anyway, I'm out of the loop. I didn't read the latest before posting this so the problem has probably been solved before I got here. Let me know if this is good for you lot and I'll put people in touch if not thats fine also.

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Ok, well if anyone wants to start writing stuff up, taking screenshots, scanning material, or creating graphics, then just go ahead. We can get it started and move to a new host when needs be, which might not be for a good few months unless people want to add video. 100mb is hard to fill with pictures and words?

Krib2501

Post by Krib2501 »

So does that mean you have a host sorted or not? if not is a non torrent or download site ok or not really? I realise that half the point in this place is getting hold of rare Games Master downloads of one type or another. Let me know if you need a host (following my previous post) and I will try to get it sorted.