The Mary Whitehouse Experience

This is the place to put your sales, wanted or trade posts. Only videogame items or magazines please - no random DVDs! Feel free to link to your eBay auctions.
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

The Mary Whitehouse Experience

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Not particularly GamesMaster related, but since this forum is the host of my previous pet project; the Gamesmaster Series 1-7 Complete DVD Box-Set I thought I'd made a post about my next VHS to DVD transfer project to see if anyone on here can help me out. If you don't remember it, The Mary Whitehouse Experience was an excellent british comedy sketch show with David Baddiel, Rob Newman, Steve Punt, and Hugh Dennis shown on BBC2 with two series' shown over 1991-92. You can read more on the Wikipedia entry here.

All the episodes are out there on the internet, but only as poor quality VCD MPEGs, some with frequent screen breakups and some endings missing. There is also a bootleg DVD available which can usually be found on EBay, but that just uses these exact same VCD files too. I'm looking for someone who recorded both series' on VHS when they were shown on TV originally, and who would be prepared to let me borrow their tapes, so I can do a high quality capture and create a proper DVD, as I did with the Gamesmaster project.

If anyone can help me out on this, or knows someone/somewhere that might be able to help, please get in touch via PM or email.

steven1977

Re: The Mary Whitehouse Experience

Post by steven1977 »

I remember doing you these on DVd did the picture not come out properly.