Our new home!

Kick back and talk about anything you want with other members.
HAD0KEN

Our new home!

Post by HAD0KEN »

Cheers Rob for opening this for us all. I seriously can't believe GMTV just closed like that! Everything, just gone :(

Craker007

Re: Our new home!

Post by Craker007 »

I second that, thanks Rob.

Nick

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

All I can say is unbelievable about what happened, nearly 700 posts down the drain.

Oh well new start, 3 cheers to Rob

HAD0KEN

Post by HAD0KEN »

Hip Hip...ugh, bored of that already, how's a pint sound instead, haha.

hargcore

Post by hargcore »

Cheers Rob!

homgran

Post by homgran »

Rob, you've done a terrific job! It's great to see that the forums can live on. :)

Like the rest of you, I can't believe that the old forums disappeared so suddenly -- especially after all of the recent progress with the DVDs!

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Thanks for joining all, I'll look into getting a proper domain name tomorrow, then people can start posting the link around.

GamesmasterLive.??? (??? = .com, .co.uk, etc...) isn't really a go-er as most of the cheap and decent suffixes have been taken, same for Gamesmaster.???. we could have GamesmasterForum.com or GamesmasterLiveForum.com, both are available and cheap, but only because it's so specific and long, maybe GamesmasterTV.???. If we have something long and exact then the .com domain name is only about £6 a year. anyone else any ideas? having the word forum in the domain name will pretty much forever restrict this to a forum only site, but to be honest I just tended to look at the forums of the old site, rarely the main site anyway?

I've already found the pefect favicon to add too.

K1ngarth3r

Post by K1ngarth3r »

Games-Master.co.uk
GMLive.co.uk
Gm.com

Just my 2 pennies

Exoddus

Post by Exoddus »

Hey guys I'm back too! I can't believe the guy just shut it down like that. I even offered to pay for a month of running the site and regular donations after that!

What a tosser. Why didn't he let someone else take over the site as I think HAD0KEN recommended. He'd rather delete everything rather than see it turned over to someone else...

houseofpants

Post by houseofpants »

Hello!

Some may remember me. I used to run a GM website from 2002-05.

I also worked with Rob on the original DVD project last year, by lending tapes and pointing to various other bits of material.

Great to see there's still a loyal hardcore that remain. Obviously we all move on in life and develop different interests as we get older, but it's still nice to be able to share the common connection of being an early-90s child growing up in a really exciting time for videogames and telly!

Jack