Series 2 Location - Sunbury Pumping Station

Talk about the 1990s number 1 video game show GamesMaster.
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Series 2 Location - Sunbury Pumping Station

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Here is something I drive past nearly every day, but never thought to take a photo of, the location for Series 2; the Sunbury Pumping Station. The same location was also used for Red Dwarf as well as I recall.
Attachments
PICT6938.JPG
PICT6938.JPG (77.87 KiB) Viewed 7033 times

gazereths

Re: Series 2 Location - Sunbury Pumping Station

Post by gazereths »

Nice. What episodes of Red Dwarf were filmed there? Was it the set for inside red dwarf itself?

SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

Post by SeeNoEvil »

It was Series 4 - Episode 3 'Justice'
For the futuristic Justice Zone set the crew used the nearby Sunbury Pumphouse, a disused water pumping plant near the Shepperton studios. The set would provide the corridor settings and steps for the Justice Zone scenes. Guest performers included Nicholas Ball who played the Simulant and James Smilie who voiced the Justice Computer.
The new Dave channel Series 9 was filmed in the film studios where I work (as were some of the others, but that was before I started working there), got to get my photo taken with Dave Lister & Kryten on set, and watch some of the filming, cool stuff!

I've posted the Kryten/Dave photo below (but taken myself out, taking photos on site is a big no-no!), and two photos of the smart car Starbug;
Attachments
DSC00574 (Photoshopped & Small).JPG
DSC00574 (Photoshopped & Small).JPG (108.26 KiB) Viewed 7024 times
PICT4281 (Resized).jpg
PICT4281 (Resized).jpg (161.62 KiB) Viewed 7024 times
PICT4279 (Resized).jpg
PICT4279 (Resized).jpg (151.23 KiB) Viewed 7024 times

Dave

Post by Dave »

Nice picture mate, I love Red Dwarf as well as GM. The episode partly set in the same set as GM Series 2 is called 'Justice' from series 4 -