BookOfTheDead.ws Monthly Evil Dead Competition

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

BookOfTheDead.ws Monthly Evil Dead Competition

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, from now on a monthly competition will be running on BookOfTheDead.ws. The theme will change each month, with some upcoming competitions involving 'the best fanmade replica Evil Dead trilogy related prop', 'the most obscure/best/rarest item in your Evil Dead collection', and 'the best Evil Dead trilogy related short film made by a fan or collection of fans'. Each month's prize will be something on the rarer and interesting side, not something you can easily pick up on Amazon for peanuts, and the prize will reflect the difficulty of the competition. The harder the competition, the better the prize.

To begin something simple while word gets around, the first competition is the 'Best Evil Dead trilogy related fanmade costume'. It can be anything from an Ash Halloween costume you made years ago to some sort of deadite makeup created for a fan film, or even something created specifically for this competition. The closing date is Monday, June 30 2014. The winner will be announced shortly after that, along with the next competition, both of which will be posted on this page. Check out the Competition page for more information and how to enter.

Hopefully doing this should increase fan participation and encourage people to get chatting on these and the Deadites.net Forums and get creative, as the fan scene has been fairly quiet of late.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: BookOfTheDead.ws Monthly Evil Dead Competition

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, July's competition on BookOfTheDead.ws is now online, and June's winner has been accounced. The competition theme will change each month, with some upcoming competitions involving 'the best fanmade replica Evil Dead trilogy related prop', and 'the best Evil Dead trilogy related short film made by a fan or collection of fans'. Each month's prize will be something on the rarer and interesting side, not something you can easily pick up on Amazon for peanuts, and the prize will reflect the difficulty of the competition. The harder the competition, the better the prize.

July's competition is; 'The most obscure/best/rarest item in your Evil Dead collection'. It can be anything Evil Dead related from either The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II or Army Of Darkness. Something you've bought or even something you've created yourself; an original or replica prop, promotional item, book, magazine, comic, poster, DVD, VHS, Laserdisc, soundtrack, toy, clothing, artwork, or a signed/autographed item. Literally anything related. It can be something you picked up locally, or from a far flung corner of the globe, even something you picked up years ago which is now rare today. Just take a photo of the most obscure/best/rarest item in your Evil Dead collection and send it in. The closing date is Thursday, July 31 2014. The winner will be announced shortly after that, along with the next competition, both of which will be posted on this page. Check out the Competition page for more prize information and how to enter.

Hopefully doing this should increase fan participation and encourage people to get chatting on the forums and get creative, as the fan scene has been fairly quiet of late.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

Great idea for the competition, but I doubt something can tiop your own collection. Especially since you have a whole box of original props and artifacts from The Evil Dead abd Evil Dead II.
As I'm an avid Sam Raimi (among other things) collector, I'm thinking to post something till it's late (one day remains?) but I hadn't have anything that rare in my collection, I suppose... :?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

The competition closes tomorrow, so you can still enter if you're quick!
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:The competition closes tomorrow, so you can still enter if you're quick!
So I can try to do this at July 31? :?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

I'll be ending it in about 20 hours from now.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:I'll be ending it in about 20 hours from now.
Okay, thanks. I'll hope that I'll take the photograph(s) in time.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:I'll be ending it in about 20 hours from now.
I've send. Hope that I'm not that late.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, August's competition on BookOfTheDead.ws is now online, and July's winner has been announced.

August's competition is; 'The Best fanmade or fan-found replica prop'. It can be anything Evil Dead related from either The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II or Army Of Darkness. Either something you've made yourself, or something you've bought which was made as a prop-replica, or even an original item you've found somewhere which matches something shown on screen. Examples include the 'Book of the Dead', a 'Kandarian Dagger', a chainsaw, lantern or necklace, one of the trilogy's various firearms, or even the infamous Delta 88 'Royale' Oldsmobile car! Literally anything related. It can be something you picked up locally, or from a far flung corner of the globe, even something you've had for years. Just take a photo and send it in. The closing date is Sunday, August 31 2014. The winner will be announced shortly after that, along with the next competition, both of which will be posted on this page. Check out the Competition page for more information and how to enter.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:and July's winner has been announced..
Thw winner was really well-deserved. I wonder if he transferred tapes to digital video - aged tapes are not that reliable. Though, if stored carefully, probably they'll be fully active for the long time.
I wonder, were there any interesting things to add to "Collectables" and other sections of the site?..
EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:August's competition is; 'The Best fanmade or fan-found replica prop'. It can be anything Evil Dead related from either The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II or Army Of Darkness. Either something you've made yourself, or something you've bought which was made as a prop-replica, or even an original item you've found somewhere which matches something shown on screen. Examples include the 'Book of the Dead', a 'Kandarian Dagger', a chainsaw, lantern or necklace, one of the trilogy's various firearms, or even the infamous Delta 88 'Royale' Oldsmobile car! Literally anything related. It can be something you picked up locally, or from a far flung corner of the globe, even something you've had for years. Just take a photo and send it in. The closing date is Sunday, August 31 2014. The winner will be announced shortly after that, along with the next competition, both of which will be posted on this page. Check out the Competition page for more information and how to enter.
Now that sounds great. I think I'll try that one. As I'm an independent filmmaker, I often create props, special makeup efx etc. myself, so sometimes I train myself by doing some simple replicas... But this one should be something really special...