The Rare Short Lost Film Collection of Sam Raimi & Bruce Cam

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Kloga

The Rare Short Lost Film Collection of Sam Raimi & Bruce Cam

Post by Kloga »

Was searching (as I often do) fro som rare Evil Dead things on the web and found a bootleg DVD which is not in the collection of webmasters and seems to have somethin new on it:
http://www.mediacollectibles.com/horror ... l-dvd.html
The page says:
The Rare Short Lost Film Collection of Sam Raimi & Bruce Campbell This is a collection of Sam and Bruce’s college and film school short films that was made way back when. Also included in this collection is the ULTRA RARE film WITHIN THE WOODS, the short film that Sam Raimi shot with Bruce Campbell, a mini Evil Dead film, in order to secure the financing for the full length EVIL DEAD movie. What can you say but the rest is history. The following films are in this collection: Within The Woods Six Months To Live Attack Of The Helping Hand Cleveland Smith Torro, Torro, Torro The Blind Waiter XYZ Murders And more! Plus these extra added bonus films: A fan recorded intro for a Evil Dead 2 screening with Bruce Campbell doing a question session. WTVIC commercial with Bruce Campbell Entertainment Weekly’s Top 20 Scariest Movie Moments hosted by Bruce Campbell The quality is not great for these rare films due to the age and just how rare they are. BUT for the Evil Dead, Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell fan your collection would not be complete without owning them especially the Within The Woods short movie.
While most of the shorts here are available, anyway a few things seem to be new to me, especially fan recorded intro from Evil Dead 2 screening and WTVIC commercial. Maybe it's worth 10$?.. :?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: The Rare Short Lost Film Collection of Sam Raimi & Bruce

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

This is the standard shorts DVD, I've seen it with different DVD covers, and even on VHS, but the contents are always the same. If you don't already have this then you might want to get one copy, but wherever you get it from, and whatever the cover, they're all the same.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:This is the standard shorts DVD, I've seen it with different DVD covers, and even on VHS, but the contents are always the same. If you don't already have this then you might want to get one copy, but wherever you get it from, and whatever the cover, they're all the same.
And what about those two features - fan video from the screening of Evil Dead II and WTVIC commercial? I haven't seen them listed on any of the fanmade DVD's before and they're absent from your collection, as well. :?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

I don't have them listed in my collection as they're really not worth getting, I have five versions of that DVD I've traded over the years.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:I don't have them listed in my collection as they're really not worth getting, I have five versions of that DVD I've traded over the years.
By the way, was TV version available fully on the web, or just the scenes as in case of greek VHS of "The Evil Dead"? It is also not listed on your collection... :?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

I have a version ripped from YouTube, that's the only version I have.
Kloga

Post by Kloga »

EvilDeadChainsaws wrote:I have a version ripped from YouTube, that's the only version I have.
And it seems that it is even absent from the YouTube now... :(
Is it any better in resolution then the small picture on differences compilation? I wonder, whether cereal box and a toy could or couldn't be seen... :?