Collectables Submissions

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Book_Of_The_Bread

Collectables Submissions

Post by Book_Of_The_Bread »

I decided to bring some life back into these forums by creating a thread dedicated to submitting collectables for BookofTheDead.ws.

The rules are simple; upload any collectables. Home video, magazines, books, toys, you name it. Once then, our administrator, whenever they get the chance, will then upload it to the website.

I'll start first:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickelliott75

Re: Collectables Submissions

Post by nickelliott75 »

Hi there, thanks for the add.

I have an item here I would like more information on and would like to sell. I figured who better to appraise than the definitive website for all things Evil Dead!

I have a pre-ban original and great condition UK VHS copy of the Evil Dead dated 1982

Little bit of history on this tape. My dad owned the first video shop in my home city back in the 80's. He bought this for his shop as it was first released but after a short time a number of movies, Evil Dead, Driller Killer and I spit on your Grave (being the ones I remember) were banned. He was required to destroy them himself and did for all other than this copy. He brought it home and we watched it together, it was my first ever horror movie. I have kept it ever since.

I do believe it is 'rare' and collectible as far as these things go and I would be very grateful if you could give me any guidance on its worth and the best way for me to sell this very sentimental video to a collector who I know will appreciate it.

I have attached a few pics for you to view and I have not displayed or offered this for sale anywhere else at this point.

Thanks for your time and any assistance you might be able to provide

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Hi nickelliott75, unfortunately while this is a decent enough example; original tape & case, and fair quality cover, these aren't worth a huge amount, generally they'll go for £30-£60 on eBay, possibly a little more if you're very lucky. If you check out this eBay links showing ended auctions, you can get an idea;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/309/i.html?_ ... e=1&_dmd=1

I'd suggest if it has sentimental value, holding onto it?
Book_Of_The_Bread

Army of Darkness Collector's Edition cover from Scream Factory
Book_Of_The_Bread

Bump.