Support the AvED actively pursued animated show continuation & new live-action Raimi/Bruce-Ash Evil Dead movie petition

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Ryan W.

Support the AvED actively pursued animated show continuation & new live-action Raimi/Bruce-Ash Evil Dead movie petition

Post by Ryan W. »

Please support!:
https://www.change.org/p/sam-raimi-bruc ... ert-tapert

Question I looked up on google:
Will Ash Vs. Evil Dead be continued as a cartoon?

Online news article sample (from one of many):
After playing Evil Dead franchise hero Ash Williams on screen for around forty years, spanning three feature films and three seasons of the TV series Ash vs. Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell formally retired from the role, saying he’s not physically able to handle the action sequences any longer. But he is playing Ash again by delivering a vocal performance for the Evil Dead video game that’s going to be released next year – and while talking to OK Magazine he confirmed that he would also be willing to provide Ash’s voice if there were ever to be an animated Evil Dead series.

OK Magazine caught up with Campbell during the LA Comic Con earlier this month, and here’s what they had to say about the possibility of some animated Evil Dead:

"When asked if he would be interested in making an Evil Dead animated television series to alleviate the stress of fight scenes and stunts, the answer is a resounding yes. “I can do the voice,” he teases. Time for fans to cross their fingers and hope!"

So clearly there aren’t any plans for an Evil Dead animated series at this time, but if Campbell is interested in the idea he could make it happen; he holds the rights to the franchise, along with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen talk about animated additions to the Evil Dead franchise. About fifteen years ago, I saw a lot of fans hoping the story to the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie that the Evil Dead crew put the kibosh on would receive an animated adaptation. (The story did end up being told in the pages of a comic book.) There is such a hunger to get as much Ash as we can get while Bruce Campbell is still in this world, I can definitely see fans supporting the idea of an animated series. If we can’t get live action Ash, many of us would gladly take video game Ash and animated Ash in his place.

Let's all please work together and sign this, and perhaps a cartoon, or maybe one of the other choices, can materialize!

Thank you!

- Ryan W.
Last edited by Ryan W. on Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Book_Of_The_Bread

Re: "Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Continuation as Comic, Novel, Cartoon, or Video Game" petition

Post by Book_Of_The_Bread »

I would love to sign this but Change.org isn't allowing me to login for some reason.

I once deleted the cookies to see if that would work and nothing.

I WILL share it though. :)
Ryan W.

Re: "Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Continuation as Comic, Novel, Cartoon, or Video Game" petition

Post by Ryan W. »

The title is now "Support the "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" in-talks animated show continuation!"

I'm hoping to get at least up to 5,000 signatures.
Ryan W.

Post by Ryan W. »

Book_Of_The_Bread wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:51 pm I would love to sign this but Change.org isn't allowing me to login for some reason.

I once deleted the cookies to see if that would work and nothing.

I WILL share it though. :)
Oh, and thanks! :)
Ryan W.

Post by Ryan W. »

I've changed it again. Not only is it for a cartoon continuation of the AvED show, but also for a Sam Raimi-directed live-action Evil Dead movie with Bruce playing Ash in it again, as Bruce recently said he would, given the chance!