Evil Dead 4 is it happening?

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

AshleyJWilliams

Evil Dead 4 is it happening?

Post by AshleyJWilliams »

Well I just wanted to start this topic to see if any of you think it will happen I personally fill that it will.

Also I wanted to adress an issue people have as far as the sequel. Allot of people are confused on how they can do the opening sequence to fill in the gap between Army of Darkness to Evil Dead 4, and heres my idea (Im flaborgasted that no one thought of it before).

Ok all you need is Bruce Campbell to voice the Opening sequence and have this dude (with a little prostetics and make up to look exactly like Ash) just be young Ash...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm842831872/nm0857620

Its truly that simple, and I mean right now this guy kinda of looks like Bruce but he just needs the right cheek mole and some hair adjustments, and of course prostetics for Bruce's chin he would be perfect.

Lastly I wanted to know which ending you would want them to go with in the sequel...

The S Mart Ending or Apocalyptic Ending?

Ashley J Williams
Book_Of_The_Bread

Re: Evil Dead 4 is it happening?

Post by Book_Of_The_Bread »

AshleyJWilliams wrote:Lastly I wanted to know which ending you would want them to go with in the sequel...

The S Mart Ending or Apocalyptic Ending?
The S-Mart Ending of course. Ordinarally, I want there to be a movie version of Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash. It can work if Sam Raimi directed.
The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

So does the new remake mean no more chance of a true Evil Dead sequel?

As interesting the idea of a remake sounds, frankly, what I've heard of the plot seems to be a completely original film. The serious (I presume) tone of the remake really won't feel Evil Dead-esque. It seems like they're just using the ED name...

What do you guys think of how this remake could turn out? I am glad that Sam and Bruce seem to be enthusiastic about it happening; also, Diablo Cody sounds pretty good...
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the material. Especially with "modern day" special effects. I hope it it mostly practical though.
Alot of people seem to moan about this movie, I don't know why because it is not like the original is going anywhere.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

I've pretty much avoided the recent run of remakes, I was disappointed by Hills Have Eyes 1/2, and The Amitville Horror a while back and learnt my lesson. Haven't seen The Thing yet, and don't really want to, much the same with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the original was excellent, so you need to read subtitles, so what?

I'd have preferred something more original, maybe a new story which takes place in the Evil Dead world?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The Thing was a prequel set in the Norwegian base. It was quite good apart from one continuity error.
The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Kyle wrote: Alot of people seem to moan about this movie, I don't know why because it is not like the original is going anywhere.
Though the remake sounds intriguing, standing on it's own, I'd take issue with it if it completely eliminates the possibility of Evil Dead IV. I don't feel that the original is threatened at all; you're right, it's not going anywhere. I'd just find a sequel with Campbell and Raimi more worthwhile than the remake, which is only loosely connected to the original franchise. Anyway, this is just my two cents.
Elise41

Post by Elise41 »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:
Kyle wrote: Alot of people seem to moan about this movie, I don't know why because it is not like the original is going anywhere.
Though the remake sounds intriguing, standing on it's own, I'd take issue with it if it completely eliminates the possibility of Evil Dead IV. I don't feel that the original is threatened at all; you're right, it's not going anywhere. I'd just find a sequel with Campbell and Raimi more worthwhile than the remake, which is only loosely connected to the original franchise. Anyway, this is just my two cents.
"Loosely" isn't a joke. They could just go ahead and call it a different name and it would be just a small rip off instead. :/
Scotty Doesn't Know

Post by Scotty Doesn't Know »

I wish this was real..I would rather see the whacky adventures of a grumpy old Ash than a remake.

"Evil Dead 4: My Name is Ash fan trailer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfdzfDcNYXw
Swofty

Post by Swofty »

Latest gossip .. Mr. Raimi stated in London yesterday at the Meet the Filmakers meet he's planning on writing ED4 with his brother this summer .. of course a million and one things need to happen between it being written and green lit to be filmed, I just hope Oz - The Great and Powerful isn't a flop for Sam:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61246