Site Blu-Ray section

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Elise41

Re: Site Blu-Ray section

Post by Elise41 »

Hey no problem. :) Personally I liked the book.

Just realized that some of the new DVDs that have been released along with the BRs are also not on the site. Just thought that I'd mention it. I have two of them if scans are needed! I'm trying to look up betamax too. Was there only a few?
The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Ah you're right about the two new DVDs! I'd forgotten that they used the new masters on SD too...

How do the downconverted from HD masters compare with previous releases, Elise41?

I would assume that Evil Dead looks excellent and better than other DVDs since the Blu-Ray master was properly restored (albeit in widescreen for the DVD and with more alterations)... However, for Evil Dead II, I'm not so sure since there was slight DVNR in the newest transfer. Although, the THX version is old in comparison...
Elise41

Post by Elise41 »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Ah you're right about the two new DVDs! I'd forgotten that they used the new masters on SD too...

How do the downconverted from HD masters compare with previous releases, Elise41?

I would assume that Evil Dead looks excellent and better than other DVDs since the Blu-Ray master was properly restored (albeit in widescreen for the DVD and with more alterations)... However, for Evil Dead II, I'm not so sure since there was slight DVNR in the newest transfer. Although, the THX version is old in comparison...
I have the UK The Evil Dead DVD that was released at the same time as the UK Blu-ray because I didn't have a Blu-Ray player at the time and I wanted to listen to the new commentary. I also got the DVD version of the Screwhead edition for the new feature "Creating the Deadites" which ended up being almost the same as the "Men Behind the Army" Over here at least that I know of, another The Evil Dead DVD was released with the simple poster cover and another DVD of Evil Dead II has been released to coincide with the Evil Dead II Lionsgate Blu-ray release. If there are others, I'm unaware of them. It's kinda insane really. Though I'm really trying to figure out which Betamax releases exist.

Personally I'm not good at judging picture quality like many videophiles who talk a lot about picture and sound quality. I can't even remember The Evil Dead because it was awhile back, but AOD looked pretty good. I'm not the best person to ask though...but even I admit that the AOD director's cut that was released in R1 is a load of shit. I imported the R3 MGM version.