Evil Dead fans - help!

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Wise21

Evil Dead fans - help!

Post by Wise21 »

Hi all, new to this site. I am in my final year of my Film Studies degree, deciding to do a research report and essay on The Evil Dead. I would really appreciate a bit of help/discussion/debate. For me, the film is an absolute classic because it fuses generic elements from horror and comedy perfectly. Witty/cheesy dialogue and glorious over-acting teamed with absolute grittiness, brutality, gore and well...an unpleasant tree to say the least. It scares me, it makes me laugh and has continuously done so since I first saw it at the age of 14. SO - how about you guys? What is it that you love about The Evil Dead? In your personal opinion, what is it about the film that makes it decidedly 'cult'? What brought you to this site? Any responses are much appreciated! Phew...- after all that, I'm in the mood to watch it again.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: Evil Dead fans - help!

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Hi Sophie, I created and run BookOfTheDead.ws and would be happy to help out, You can read about how I got into Evil Dead and what effect it had on my life on the 'About Us' page on the main site, if you want to discuss it directly you can contact me via the email link on the main site, and possibly (I can check with him) my co-webmaster James who'll be able to give you a different angle.

Hope it goes well, Rob.
Kloga

Re: Evil Dead fans - help!

Post by Kloga »

Wise21 wrote:Hi all, new to this site. I am in my final year of my Film Studies degree, deciding to do a research report and essay on The Evil Dead. I would really appreciate a bit of help/discussion/debate. For me, the film is an absolute classic because it fuses generic elements from horror and comedy perfectly. Witty/cheesy dialogue and glorious over-acting teamed with absolute grittiness, brutality, gore and well...an unpleasant tree to say the least. It scares me, it makes me laugh and has continuously done so since I first saw it at the age of 14. SO - how about you guys? What is it that you love about The Evil Dead? In your personal opinion, what is it about the film that makes it decidedly 'cult'? What brought you to this site? Any responses are much appreciated! Phew...- after all that, I'm in the mood to watch it again.
Hello, I'm also a newcomer (from Ukraine).
In my opinion, what makes The Evil Dead really a cult movie is a unique combination of a bunch of creative minds with a great experience and enthusiasm, difficult but inspiring production values (the story of how this film was made inspires generations of independent filmmakers even today, including me), great balance of comedy and horror, big amount of interesting deatils to find in the movie and... actually there's something in the every cult movie which can't be specified - something like a soul of the movie, something that lies beneath.
Actually what brought me to this site, apart of general interest in The Evil Dead franchise and the people of it's fandom, of course, is the interest in knowiing more about film. For example I was always interested in every Fake Shemp personally and I've found some answers here, thanks to some great people.