EvilDeadChainsaws Re-opening?

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

EvilDeadChainsaws Re-opening?

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Hi All, Rob the webmaster of BookOfTheDead.ws here. I'm assuming most of you reading this will know already, but I used to run a hobby company called EvilDeadChainsaws.com, selling replica 'hand' chainsaws from the trilogy, you can read about that here;

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/fea ... nsaws.html

As laid out on that page, I shut up shop in January of 2008, but recently I have been mulling over possibly resurrecting the company as it once was. I'm just adding this post up here to see what others thought?
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: EvilDeadChainsaws Re-opening?

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

I have now put a revised, expanded & updated version of the website back online at the old domain:

EvilDeadChainsaws.com

This is explained in the FAQ page, but just to pre-empt people's questions; why are all three chainsaws currently unavailable?

After I called time on EvilDeadChainsaws around the start of 2008, all the moulds, templates & related bit & pieces were scrapped, and any larger machinery of value was sold off (such as a metal lathe, bandsaw, disc sander, pillar drill, bench table saw, slide mitre saw, metal shear, etc...). This means starting completely from scratch, setting up a new home-workshop, making new moulds and revising my designs based on all the various tweaks and upgrades built up over the chainsaws I made between 2005 to 2008. It will take some time to prototype and refine new designs, but I'm approaching the production from a more experienced perspective, which should make for better saws in the long run. The website is online now, so it can get established in search engines and around fans long before the saws go on sale. If that wasn't enough, I'm moving house at the end of this year too, and can't set up a proper home workshop till that's out of the way, so please check back in 2013 if you are interested in placing an order. I'll announce a more specific date nearer the time.
Kyle

Re: EvilDeadChainsaws Re-opening?

Post by Kyle »

Nice one Rob! great to see the site back in action. Sounds like you are very excited to get back into this. Having a new workshop sounds cool!

Now to out EDC back on my links page!