Visiting The Evil Dead Cabin Location - Early 2013

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Visiting The Evil Dead Cabin Location - Early 2013

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Hi All, Rob here from BookOfTheDead.ws

I'm making plans to fly over from London, England to Morristown TN over a few days at the start of 2013 to visit the Evil Dead cabin site, before it's lost forever. I'll be flying into Knoxville, then probably hiring a car for the duration so I can travel around the various locations, as well as taking in Knoxville itself of course. I will also be visiting & shooting some footage at the other filming locations, including the bridge near Bridgeport/Newport, Clinch River Road/Riverside Road site directly off of Highway 25E right over across the Clinch Mountain, the Old Highway 25E, and the Little Dutch Restaurant too. I wanted to visit in winter as that would best match the time of year the original film was shot.

I've recently heard that the owners of the cabin property have moved out, along with the neighbours. I guess that could be good news or bad? good if the property sits empty with no one around, but bad if the house and property are sold to a property developer who bulldozes the entire area and starts building houses on it?

It's costing nearly $1000 for a return plane ticket to Knoxville, hotels & expenses are on top of that, and I could holiday just about anywhere else in the world for that, but there is nowhere in the world I'd rather go, and I want to make the most of it.

If anyone has any suggestions/questions/pointers please do get in contact?
Kloga

Re: Visiting The Evil Dead Cabin Location - Early 2013

Post by Kloga »

If it will be bulldozed it will be really sad... :cry:
Always wanted to visit the place of the original filming... as well as Knoxville, because it's a birthplace of Quentin Tarantino. But there's no possibility now, mostly financially... By the way, are at least some bits of chimney exist? Maybe it will be right to save it and remove somewhere? :? Also to find at least some of the trees and places depicted and grab some leaves, whatever? :?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I don't know how I missed this post. is this trip still a go Rob?
Your dedication to Evil Dead knows no bounds, you put us all to shame :)
Watch out for gun toting locals!
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Yes, still going out there, all paid for too. Check back in December for the results!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Nice one mate! Look forward to your report.