What is the Music in The Evil Dead theatrical trailer?

Moderators: Evil James, EvilDeadChainsaws

Kloga

What is the Music in The Evil Dead theatrical trailer?

Post by Kloga »

I don't remeber this great little horror piece being in the movie itslef... :?
codemaster94

Re: What is the Music in The Evil Dead theatrical trailer?

Post by codemaster94 »

Kloga wrote:I don't remeber this great little horror piece being in the movie itslef... :?
I thought it was played whenever the cellar door randomly opens while Ash is making a toast.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Site Admin

Re: What is the Music in The Evil Dead theatrical trailer?

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws »

Yes, codemaster94 is right. Actually the trailer is made up of a number of bits of music used throught the film, edited together. Unfortunately, the Evil Dead soundtrack CD is incomplete and you won't find that 'cellar opening' track on there. I've edited my own version of the soundtrack using the CD and the Blu-Ray release, which you can read about below;

The retail soundtrack CD of The Evil Dead runs at 38m 52s, and contains the much of the music used in the film, although not all, while also having further tracks not used in the film at all, and everything out of sequence. This was a project to edit a complete version of the sountrack running on chronological order.

What was missing from the retail score was added for the most part using the left & right rear channels from the 5.1 movie audio mix on the 2010 US Anchor Bay Blu-ray. The rear channels of a 5.1 mix are usually free of speech and many of the sound effects found in the front channels. In addition to this a couple of other tracks were used, including some sound effects to replicate audio effects heard in the movie.

The finished version has 54 tracks and runs at 41m 01s, the most complete version of the score to date, containing every last second of music used. Of these 54 tracks, 21 (17m 48s) have been mixed using only the retail CD, 25 (12m 56s) mixed using either the Blu-Ray audio or other sources, and 8 (10m 08s) are a combination of the two.

If anyone is interested in this, please PM me.