Swofty

Re: Evil Dead 4 is it happening?

Post by Swofty »

And once again it might not all be happening :roll: :

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/01/ ... is-summer/
claws

Post by claws »

This is a tough subject for me. On one hand, it's what I've been waiting for, on the other hand it might turn out real bad. The positive thing is that I liked Drag me to hell, which kinda gives me a little hope. I think the problem will be me, I have and will have even greater expectations. So I might be hard to please. I trust Bruce though ;-)
Evil James
Site Admin

Post by Evil James »

I was at that Oz Q&A in London, and saying that Sam was "pressured to say 'yes'" sums it up nicely.

Here's exactly what happened: when questions were being taken from the audience (most of which were for Zach Braff), a guy in the audience asked about Evil Dead 4, the moderator Chris Hewitt (who often states Evil Dead 2 is his favourite film) said something like "Yeah, how about it, Sam?", which led to massive cheers from about half of the crowd. Sam looked veeerrrrry uncomfortable for a few seconds before saying "Alright, alright, YES, I'll do Evil Dead 4", as if he'd been outright nagged. (Which isn't too far from the truth either.)

I kind of felt bad for Sam - he just didn't want to antagonise or disappoint people, not least when he's trying to persuade those same people to go and see his new film! The full Q&A should be on iTunes at some point if you want to see for yourself. (FYI, I'm very much in the "there doesn't need to be an Evil Dead 4" camp.)
Swofty

Post by Swofty »

I just wouldn't want an ED4 to be as big a let down as Indiana Jones 4 ... or Escape from L.A. ... or The Phantom Menace ... or the new Die Hard. It's been too long since the Army of Darkness chapter. Where would the fun be in watching a CGI Ash being thrown around on the screen?. Bruce and Sam have enough common sense to know when to leave it alone and leave on a high note .. I hope.
Elise41

Post by Elise41 »

Evil James wrote:I was at that Oz Q&A in London, and saying that Sam was "pressured to say 'yes'" sums it up nicely.

Here's exactly what happened: when questions were being taken from the audience (most of which were for Zach Braff), a guy in the audience asked about Evil Dead 4, the moderator Chris Hewitt (who often states Evil Dead 2 is his favourite film) said something like "Yeah, how about it, Sam?", which led to massive cheers from about half of the crowd. Sam looked veeerrrrry uncomfortable for a few seconds before saying "Alright, alright, YES, I'll do Evil Dead 4", as if he'd been outright nagged. (Which isn't too far from the truth either.)

I kind of felt bad for Sam - he just didn't want to antagonise or disappoint people, not least when he's trying to persuade those same people to go and see his new film! The full Q&A should be on iTunes at some point if you want to see for yourself. (FYI, I'm very much in the "there doesn't need to be an Evil Dead 4" camp.)
This is exactly how I feel about Sam's claims and the idea of the sequel itself.