GamesMasterLiveForum.com!

Catch up on any updates and changes made to the GamesMasterLive Forums
SeeNoEvil
Site Admin

GamesMasterLiveForum.com!

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Decided to get the forum a domain name, GamesMasterLiveForum.com seemed appropriate and will only be about £6 per year, so please update your bookmarks.

I'm using my own existing paid hosting (I run other websites too) so adding this site onto that webspace won't cost anything extra on that front, but running a website from a sub-folder can be a little limiting. I can do all the website/forum coding frippery myself, so there is no additional cost there either. The site is still in the same place; http://www.bookofthedead.ws/gamesmaster_forums/ , GamesMasterLiveForum.com is just forwarding/masking URL, so that original address still works for anyone who hasn't read that round robin email I sent out.

Should anyone wish to contribute, we could add a webspace hosting & email package to the GamesMasterLiveForum.com domain name I've already paid for, this would allow hosting space for things like magazines, video, images, all permanently stored in one place, with no filesize or bandwidth limits, and a main info@ email address. All the forum staff/moderators could have FTP access to upload & download to the webspace, and each have their own username@gamesmasterliveforum.com email addresses to make it a real community effort. We could have an forum admin subscription, 7 staff (plus me) paying just £6 per year, would more than cover the domain name and Deluxe hosting, and would give each person an email address and access to 150GB of FTP hosting, with say 5GB of that space to call their own and store what they please, with the rest kept for the site downloads. So hopefully now I've made a start and set things up, people will be willing to chip in. Anyway Here are the prices;

GoDaddy.com Economy Hosting
£32 each year - £2.60 per month (for 12 months)
  • 10 GB Space
  • Unlimited Bandwidth
  • 100 Email Accounts
  • 10 MySQL Databases (1 GB ea.)

GoDaddy.com Deluxe Hosting
£41 each year - @ £3.39 per month (for 12 months)
  • 150 GB Space
  • Unlimited Websites & Bandwidth
  • 500 Email Accounts
  • 25 MySQL Databases (1 GB ea.)

GoDaddy.com Ultimate Hosting
£87 each year - @ £7.60 per month (for 12 months)
  • Unlimited Websites, Space & Bandwidth
  • 1000 Email Accounts
  • Unlimited MySQL Databases (1 GB ea.)

Here is the information page;
http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-host ... 21&ci=9009

Anyway, none of the above will affect the new forum address, so now the few old members that have signed up, can now post that website address around where they like, and hopefully inform & draw back the 600-700 members of the old forum, and get the pace going again!

*UPDATE - 29/09/11*

Ok, so I've had a couple of people ask about this, so I'll add something more concrete here. The DVD ISO images of all 24 discs in the DVD set come to about 170GB, so we couldn't fit that on the Economy/Deluxe Hosting, but if we went for the Deluxe hosting we could do the 40GB-ish of re-encoded XviD AVI episodes, plus maybe the complete S1/2 DVDs (47GB-ish), leaving around 63GB of space for everything else, although I guess anyone reading this would already have the set, so the DVD images might be pointless?

So in order to pay the £48.82 (inc tax) to get this site's first 12 months of GoDaddy.com Deluxe Hosting, I'll need 5 other people who want to be mods for the forum. That will mean each person has to pay 1/6 of that (including me) cost; £8.13 for each year they want to continue to support the site.

If anyone is interested please PM me or email me.

Craker007

Re: GamesMasterLiveForum.com!

Post by Craker007 »

I'm more than happy to assisst where I can :)